Ludum Dare 46 - O Captain! My Captain!

Last weekend was Ludum Dare weekend and so I was busy making a game once again. Ludum Dare is one of the world's biggest game jams that now runs twice a year and which I have been taking part in for the past 8 years or so. 

We had a great theme this year of "Keep It Alive". I'd had an idea in the back of my mind for a while about making a space pirate game and decided to have a go at it, with the ship being your sentient AI friend you have to keep alive. Judging by the other entries, I don't think I was alone in taking an idea and adapting it to the theme; there is such a wide variety of entries this time around!
So the game that I made, with my partner Lucy doing the voice-acting and some of the VR modelling, is called "O Captain! My Captain!" and features you and RobinOS flying around a (very small) asteroid belt completing missions.



Please give it a go and let me know if you like it! If you entered a game into the jam too, let me know and we can trade ratings :)
https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/46/o-captain-my-captain

And now for something completely different: a SimCity 3000 SimArchitect inspired model building tool!



I've been enjoying using Google Blocks as my modelling tool for some time now, but I'm starting to find some of its quirks a little annoying (origins being fairly random for example) and so I spent today mocking up a model editing tool in Unity. I'm not 100% sure whether this is the right path to go down in terms of modelling for my games, but I'm going to experiment and see what feels and looks good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Me!

Something's Brewing in the Tentacle Zone